- Important Notice
The policy describes:
- Who I am;
- How I obtain and use the personal data for visitors to this website, and my business customers;
- Who has access to your personal data and what your rights are.
My policy is to keep the personal information I receive from this website completely confidential and used solely for internal purposes. I will not share your personal information with any other parties. Please review this policy carefully.
This policy is effective from 4 May 2018.
- About me
This website is run by myself, Kelly Hainsworth. I run a reflexology clinic, provide business support services to practitioners, and host the Love Reflexology Directory.
I can be contacted on 07910 120 929 or firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any questions with this policy. I am the controller of the personal data you provide.
- What personal data I collect
- My reflexology clients and those who enquire about treatments;
- Business mentoring clients and those who enquire about my services;
- Social media management clients and those who enquire about the packages available;
- Love Reflexology Directory members and those who make enquires about the directory;
- Users of the website who sign up to the email newsletter;
- Data collected when an order is placed via the shop page.
I collect the following data from you:
- If you are purchasing a gift voucher, I will collect information about the gift recipient, so I can fulfil the gift voucher purchase. The information collected will not be used for marketing purposes, nor shared with any other party.
- I use a third-party service, Google Analytics on my website. From this I may collect certain information about your visit, such as the type of browser you use, the date and time you accessed the website, the pages that you access whilst visiting the website and the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to this website. I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes, to help improve and administer the website and it will not be shared with any other party. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. I do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting my website.
- For reflexology clients and reflexology treatment enquiries:
- If you send me via email or text any sensitive medical/health information, I will only hold and use this if we proceed to treatment, at which time I will require explicit consent from you to hold this data. If we do not proceed to treatment, I will securely erase this information.
- When a treatment is booked, all reflexology and maternity reflexology clients will be required to read and sign a Privacy Notice under the GDPR guidelines. This will be handed to you during the appointment.
- For Love Reflexology Directory members, I will collect the following data from you after your initial enquiry when you wish to join the directory on this website:
- Basic contact details:After your initial enquiry and agreement to join the directory, I will collect your name, email address, postal address and telephone number, so that I can contact you about your business listing on the directory.
- Business details: To join the directory, I will require you to provide the name of the business you represent, and details of the goods and/or services your business offers so that I can publish your business listing on the directory. I will also require your social media account handles, so I tag you into relevant posts within the Love Reflexology Facebook group or Love Reflexology Twitter account. You may also choose to provide other information about you and your business. I do not require you to do this. If you do, I will process this other information for the purposes of publishing your business listing on the directory. All information about you and your business will be stored securely.
- Enquiries: If you email email@example.com with an enquiry about joining the Love Reflexology Directory and choose not to go ahead, your details will be deleted securely.
- For Social Media Management and Business Mentor clients:
- Enquiries: If you email firstname.lastname@example.org with an enquiry about my Social Media Management or Business Mentor services and choose not to go ahead, your details will be deleted securely.
- Agreement: If you choose to go ahead, you will sign a separate policy on our work together.
- For Email Newsletter Subscribers
- I use a third party website called MailerLite to manage my email newsletter. If you subscribe to the newsletter by entering your email in the box provided, you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the footer of any of the newsletters you receive or by contacting Kelly Hainsworth. Kelly Hainsworth respects your email address and it will not be shared with any other party.
- Use of Personal Information
The personal information collected on this website, will be used to provide the services you have requested. This will include:
- To quickly process transactions of items purchased via the shop page and deliver them to the contact details provided;
- To deliver gift vouchers purchased to the recipient of the gift voucher;
- To publish comments on blog posts, submitted by the user as requested. If at any time you would like to remove a comment, please contact email@example.com stating the comment you would like to remove and this will be done for you within 14 days of your request;
- To improve and administer the website;
- To publish your business listing on the Love Reflexology Directory and provide you with the services you have requested;
- I use your personal data to accept you as a new or returning Love Reflexology Directory member, publish your business listing on my directory, and provide you with the services you have requested in accordance with their terms;
- To contact you about a contract renewal for paid-for services including Love Reflexology Directory listings and Social Media Management services. I will use the telephone number or email address you have provided to me, so I can contact you to discuss the renewal of the contract between us for any paid-for services I provide. I will do this in the lead-up to the expiry of your contract and, if I don’t hear back from you to confirm whether you would like to renew your contract with me, your listing will be removed after the renewal date has passed;
- To send you the email newsletter as requested.
- Security of Information
I am committed to ensuring your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information I collect online.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks. When you place orders for a gift voucher, I use third-party website PayPal to process the transactions securely.
I use the following third-party services:
I use a third-party service, WordPress to publish my website. I use a standard WordPress service to collect anonymous information about users’ activity on the website. For example, the number of users viewing pages on the website, to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the website and help us improve it. WordPress requires visitors that want to post a comment to enter a name and email address.
Neal’s Yard Remedies
- Registered members need a cookie to be able to log in. This is ‘strictly necessary’ as WordPress won’t work without it. I do not use these types of cookies for visitors of my website.
- Visitors who leave a comment on a blog post will have a cookie set on their computer. This is not “strictly necessary” as it’s a visitor’s preference.If you choose to leave a comment on one of my blog posts, this requires a cookie to be placed on your device.
I also use third-party cookies.
These are installed by third parties (including Google Analytics) with the aim of collecting information to carry out research into the behaviour and demographics of visitors to my website. I do not gather personal information which could be used to identify visitors or their personal data.
The Kelly Hainsworth website does contain links to other websites of interests, including:
- Just for Tummies;
- Love Reflexology Directory members;
- Neal’s Yard Remedies;
- Professional bodies.
These linked websites have separate and independent privacy policies. I therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites and would always recommend you read the linked websites’ privacy policies. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my website, and welcome feedback about these linked websites (including if a specific link does not work).
Controlling your personal information – your rights
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have submitted a comment to be published on a blog post and you would like to remove it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the comment you would like to remove and the blog post title. This comment will then be removed for you within 14 days of your request.
- If you have submitted a testimonial to be published on this website and would like to remove it, please email email@example.com with details and this will be removed from the website within 14 days of your request.
- If you email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about booking a reflexology appointment, joining the Love Reflexology Directory, Social Media Management or Business Mentoring Support and we do not work together, your details will be securely destroyed.
- I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless I have your express permission or required by law to do so.
- If you believe that any information I hold about you or your company is incorrect or incomplete, please email me at email@example.com. I will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
This policy was created on 4th May 2018
This policy is the fifth version, and was updated on 28th May 2020.
Questions and feedback
I welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org.