As a reflexologist, many of my clients know I am passionate about not only supporting your well-being, but also taking care of the environment and the world we live in.
For the past two years, I have been working hard to make my business more environmentally conscious, and am delighted to share I have now taken the Association of Reflexologists’ Eco Friendly Therapist pledge.
As an AoR Eco Friendly Therapist, I pledge to fulfil the following guidelines wherever practicable within my therapy practice:
- Minimise unnecessary purchasing in my practice – I use up existing things before buying new ones, and reuse items where appropriate;
- Use paper only where necessary, and to choose paper that is recycled/carbon balanced/ FSC or PEFC certified;
- Ensure that any products I use are produced in an environmentally sustainable way, e.g. low volume organic production runs;
- Ensure that any chemicals used in my practice are not harmful to the environment;
- Consider the carbon footprint of items and products used in my practice;
- Minimise the waste generated by my practice and make sure any waste generated is recyclable or compostable;
- Minimise the impact of my travel on the environment.
I am extremely proud to have made this pledge, and will continue to work hard to support my clients and the planet in the best ways possible.
Have you made any changes to support the environment within your home and/or workplace? I would love to hear your ideas and ways you are making a difference.