This Valentine’s Day, don’t worry if you don’t receive a card or box of chocolates; the best gift you can give to yourself is self-love.
So, love yourself by having a go at one or all of my five top tips:
1) Spend 30 minutes every day doing something just for you. It’s not selfish, it helps us to recharge our batteries and clear our mind;
2) Eat the rainbow – eat a colourful selection of foods every day to get a mixture of vitamins, minerals and to boost your microbiome;
3) Sleep well – make sure you create a tranquil environment in your bedroom. Remove all tech devices, put up blackout blinds or curtains, and have your room at 18℃ – this is the ideal temperature for sleeping;
4) Move more – adding more movement to your daily routine helps boost circulation and mood. Add a walk outdoors during your lunch break, as being out in nature also helps to reduce stress and anxiety;
5) Choose natural – spend time looking at your cosmetics and their ingredients. Many popular products are loaded with chemicals including parabens and sodium laureth sulfate (SLS). Choose one item and swap it for a natural alternative – your body will thank you for it.
Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day and remember to love yourself.